11/07/2010

Project: Adulthood

I need to get a life.

No, I really do. I’m not just saying this because I’m being another emo blogger. I’m saying this because I literally went outside today for the first time since this weekend… To the library and the fabric store… With my mother. And I love my mother, but I need to get a life.

My parents keep commenting on how incredulous it is that I can coop myself up so much. The internet helps, admittedly. I can stay connected with the world from my living room, wearing my sweatpants. I can entertain myself with this blog and this one and this one, feeling vicariously productive from my living room, still wearing my sweatpants. Having all 7 Harry Potter books immediately on-hand helps me coop-up, too. So does having every episode of Star Trek ever. There are distractions galore in this household, partially thanks to my father. Who I love. But I need to get a life.
The reality is, I graduated from college, almost got a job, but didn’t. And I have no idea what to do next. I am faced, currently, with an entirely blank slate to fill with “life.” These are the formative years. The years where I’m going to grow as an individual. The building blocks for a career that I hope to someday have. (Ack! Daunting!) And I am determined to not spend them all in my living room… Let me rephrase that, actually: in my parent’s living room, in my sweatpants.

So, I’m going to get a life. And I’m going to blog about it. Dare I say it, this will require REAL pants! Hopefully even the professional, non-denim kind, as that is generally a mark of having a real, adult life.

You, nameless reader, will be my accountability: I will wear pants! I will get a life! I will be an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment